4. Engine Oil Filter
1) Remove oil filter with ST.
ST 498547000 OIL FILTER WRENCH
2) Get a new oil filter and apply a thin coat of engine oil to the seal rubber.
3) Install oil filter by turning it by hand, being careful not to damage seal rubber.
4) Tighten more (approximately 2/3 to 3/4 turn) after the seal rubber contacts the oil pump case. Do not tighten excessively, or oil may leak.
5) After installing oil filter, run engine and make sure that no oil is leaking around seal rubber.
The filter element and filter case are permanently
joined; therefore, interior cleaning is not necessary.
6) Check the engine oil level. <Ref. to PI-7, ENGINE OIL, PDI PROCEDURE, Pre-delivery Inspection.>