18. ATF SA07692
A: REPLACEMENT SA07692A20
1. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID SA07692A2001
1) Drain ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) by removing drain plug after allowing the engine to cool for 3 to 4 hours.
Before starting work, cool off the engine well.
2. ATF FILTER
ATF filter is maintenance free part. ATF filter needs replacement, when it has physically damaged or ATF leaked.
For the replacement procedures of the ATF filter: <Ref. to AT-46, ATF Filter.>
2) Reinstall drain plug after draining ATF, and tighten it to the specified torque.
25.0 Nm (2.55 kgf-m, 18.4 ft-lb)
3) Fill ATF up to the middle of the "COLD" side on level gauge by using the gauge hole.
Dexron III type automatic transmission fluid
Fill the same amount drained from ATF drain plug hole.
4) Run the vehicle until the ATF temperature rises to 60 to 80°C (140 to 176°F) and check the ATF level.