14. Idle Mixture
A: INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT
1. IDLE MIXTURE
Before measuring the idle mixture, make sure that the ignition timing and the engine idle speed are within specifications.
1) Set the gear position at "Neutral" for MT, or "N" or "P" for AT.
2) Warm up engine sufficiently until cooling fan starts to operate.
3) Measure the idle mixture with the CO meter.
Engine idle speed
4) If out of specification, adjust the idle mixture using CO adjusting screw of mass air flow sensor.
5) After adjusting the CO value, check and adjust increment coefficient of CO resistor by using Select Monitor.
(1) Select "Current data display & Save" on the select monitor.
(2) If out of specified data, adjust the increment coefficient of CO resistor while rotating CO adjusting screw.
Specified data: 0.28 - 4.22 V
If driving the vehicle on out of specified data, the
"trouble code 49" is indicated in many case.