11. Air Cleaner Element
2. TURBO MODEL
Do not attempt to clean the air cleaner element. The filter paper of the element is wetted with a special inflammable slow-evaporating viscous liquid. It is resistant to cold weather and has a long service life. Dirt adhering to this filter paper forms porous laminations with the viscous liquid, which function as a filtration layer to reduce dust penetration into the filter paper. If this filter paper is cleaned, the filtration layer thus formed will be lost along with the viscous liquid.
1. NON-TURBO MODEL
1) Remove bolt (A) which install air cleaner case to stays.
2) Remove the clip (B) above the air cleaner case.
3) Remove air cleaner.
4) Install in the reverse order of removal.
Fasten with a clip after inserting the lower tab
of the case.
1) Remove the clip (B) above the air cleaner case.
2) Remove air cleaner.
3) Install in the reverse order of removal.
Before installing air cleaner upper cover, align
holes with protruding portion of air cleaner
lower case, then secure upper cover to lower